International Programs

Tax Information Filing Taxes in the U.S.

Sprintax Logo

Should You File a Return?

As an international student, it’s important that you comply with U.S. tax laws.  If you worked in the U.S. during the past tax year, you are subject to federal and state taxes and therefore must file a tax return. If you haven’t worked, you must still file a form called an 8843 exemption. The International Programs Office is only able to assist students with Form 8843. The International Programs Office cannot help international students with federal and/or state tax returns.  

How to File? 

For those students who need to file federal and state forms, LCSC has teamed up with Sprintax to guide you through the tax filing process. Tailor-made for international students, Sprintax is an easy-to-use online tool that helps you prepare your return hassle-free. Simply follow the simple instructions, answer a few questions, and Sprintax will do the rest.

 Important Dates:

 1040 NR filing deadline – April 15

 8843 filing deadline – June 15

Important Forms: 

General information


Chat with a representative now!