available through the small business development network
Research information could be helpful in determining your business or growth feasibility and for obtaining capital.
These are some of the topics we can typically find for you:
- Annual Consumer Expenditures-Provides total consumer expenditures by category.
- Competitor List-List and/or sources of competitors in a specified location
- Copyright, patent, trademark information-Definitions and locations, how-to
- Customer Profile-“Best Customer” for a product or service
- Demographics (GIS)-Statistics of an area: population, age, income
- Business Licenses/Permits-Resources for local and State Regulations
- Financial Ratio-Industry benchmarks
- Franchisee and Franchisor Resources
- Industry Overviews and Trends-Reflects industry conditions
- Market Statistics-Break-down of markets by industry
- Psychographic Data-Lifestyle and interests for specific consumer segments
- Publication List-Journals, periodicals
- Sample Business Plan-Hypothetical examples
- Suppliers List-Sources of wholesalers, vendors or manufacturers
- Trade Association and Trade Show lists for a specific industry
For research assistance, email ISBDC@lcsc.edu with the areas that you need researched.
If you would like to browse some articles from our system go to www.sbdcnet.org
Do you know that Nez Perce County ranks #3 in the nation for percentage of housholds with firearms?