Lewis-Clark State College now offers an on-campus secured wireless connection for all faculty and staff called WarriorStaff. Secured wireless allows faculty and staff to connect their laptops to the internet and also access secured resources like shared drives on Redwood and Alder and applications like Colleague, Recruiter and email through the Outlook client. Printing is not currently set up through wireless. Mobile devices such as phones and iPads will not have access to server resources but will still be able to connect to the internet. IT recommends that employees connect all of their devices to the WarriorStaff network when on campus as it is a secured connection that utilizes encryption.
1. Turn on your laptop while you are on the LCSC campus
a. If you are using a PC: click on the wireless network icon located in the bottom right hand corner of your laptop and click on WarriorStaff
b. If you are using a Mac: click on the Wifi icon at the top right of your screen and click on WarriorStaff
2. You will be presented with a login screen which requires your email username and password. If you are using a laptop that already logs in with your network login information, you should connect automatically.
3. You may be presented with a certificate error when connecting. Click connect and you will have access. This error is a known bug with the Microsoft authentication options. The IT department has determined this is not a security issue.
4. You are now on the new secured wireless network!
5. The next time you use your device on campus, it should automatically connect to the WarriorStaff network. If it does not, you can manually choose WarriorStaff from your list of wireless networks.