SWK 526 Due: July 27, 2000
Social Work Research II Lee Gustafson, Ph.D., C.S.W.
Homework Assignment #3
- Complete the t-test assignment in the handout titled "T Test" for the
variables "GENDER" and "PSS."
- Print a copy of your results to turn in.
- Give a brief interpretation of the meaning of your results.
- Discuss how a t-test analysis could or could not be used in your research project
(remember the assumptions, levels of measurement, etc.)
- Be certain to include some discussion of all the questions posed in the handouts!
- From the "survey2000" data set, select at least one variable other than
"gender" for a second analysis. Alternately, you may choose to create some new
variable(s) from the existing data in the set.
- Identify a Null and alternative hypotheses based on the variable(s) you select.
- Set an alpha and briefly explain why you choose this value.
- Use Excel to conduct an appropriate t-test test and to make a graphic to explain your
- Interpret your findings.
- Print your results, graphic and interpretations, then turn them in.