- A thoroughly linked and sophisticated database of core research across the biosciences;
- A cost-effective alternative to high-priced commercially-published journals;
- A model of library-society collaboration in pursuit of shared interests in scholarly communications;
- An innovative program that enables premier not-for-profit journals from scientific societies to remain independent and viable; and
- A unique opportunity for libraries to enhance their support of research directly and at a lower cost.