Finding Resources in Nursing
Goals & Objectives
TOPIC - Finding and using resources in the discipline of Nursing.
Introduce students to the resources available for finding information about Nursing in the LCSC Library
After performing the module's activity, students will be able to:
- Recite the advantages and disadvantages of using full-text article databases and citation databases for their searches
- Identify the major journal article databases in the area of Nursing that are available at LCSC
- Understand the importance of using keyword searching in a full-text database
- Structure a search statement using synonyms and plural forms of the terms describing the major concepts in the search
- Understand the importance of using subject headings in a citation database search
- Identify 3 different strategies for locating the valid subject terms for the database
Return to the Module 3A Main Page.
Back to ILI Home Page │ Back to Library Home Page │ Back to LCSC Home Page
ILI contact info: (208) 792-2647; email email@example.com
LCSC Library contact info: phone (208) 792-2396, fax (208) 792-2831