MyTrek Exit Interview
Once you have finished your MyTrek Career Exploration, you will need to schedule a meeting with your academic advisor to complete an exit interview. During this interview you will be expected to thoroughly answer the following questions:
- What do you want to study (major) at Lewis-Clark State College?
- Why do you want to study this major?
- How does your chosen major relate to your future career choice?
- Discuss how your natural skills and abilities (and, conversely, your shortcomings) will help and/or hinder your career choice.
- Based on your study plan, how long will it take you to complete your degree?
- In addition to coursework, what else can/will you to do become employable in this field?
- Where do you plan to live? Is this career readily available in that location?
- Can you think of anything personally that might prohibit you from obtaining a career in your chosen field (such as physical limitations, criminal background, disabilities, etc.)?
- Describe your typical work day five years from now.
- What did you learn through the MyTrek process that has confirmed your career choice?