MyTrek Exit Interview
Once you have finished your MyTrek Career Exploration Activity and completed your Student Planning with courses planned to degree completion, you will need to schedule a meeting with your academic advisor to complete an exit interview. During this interview, you will be expected to thoroughly answer the following questions:
- What is your declared major and why did you choose this major?
- How does your chosen major relate to your future career choice?
- Discuss how your natural skills and abilities (and, conversely, your shortcomings) will help and/or hinder your career choice.
- Based on your study plan, how long will it take you to complete your degree?
- In addition to coursework, what else can/will you to do become employable in this field?
- Where do you plan to live? Is this career readily available in that location?
- What is your back-up plan should you be unable to achieve your current educational/career goals?
- Can you think of anything personally that might prohibit you from obtaining a career in your chosen field (such as physical limitations, criminal background, disabilities, etc.)?
- What are some of the tasks and working conditions associated with your future career?
- What did you learn through the MyTrek process that has confirmed your career choice?