Applying to LCSC
Apply to Lewis-Clark State College as a "degree-seeking" student
- List your major as "Pre-Nursing RN Track"
- Request one copy of official transcripts to be sent to LCSC Office of Admissions.
- Include transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Application to the college needs to be in place prior to or concurrent with application to the nursing program.
- A nursing advisor can be assigned to you once your application is accepted. Contact the NHS Nursing Office if an advisor has not been assigned. Phone: (208) 792-2688
Important Note to Applicants
- Check your LCMail account frequently during the admission process. Important messages are communicated to you through this means. You will be notified by e-mail if your admission application is incomplete.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Make an appointment with your BSN advisor early in the application process to review your transcripts, create an appropriate plan of study, and discuss the Idaho State Nursing Articulation Plan/ Escrow credits++. Graduates from the LCSC BSN Program must meet all lower and upper division core requirements, complete 32 residency credits, 36 upper division credits, and a total of 120 credits.
++Note: Upon completion of the admission process and verification of passing the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and thus holding the RN license, the RN student is admitted to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program. A maximum of 40 semester nursing credits are held in escrow until the required graduation check (semester before graduation).Students may also receive credit through direct transfer and challenge processes. Additional information may be found in the Pre-Student Handbook and NHS Student Handbook. The BSN Program endorses the guidelines for educational mobility from the Idaho Statewide Nursing Articulation Plan.