Lewis-Clark State College, through its Disability Contact Person has the
1. Maintain the College's academic standards.
2. Request current documentation from a student completed by an appropriate
professional source to verify the need for reasonable accommodations, academic
adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids.
3. Discuss a student's need for reasonable accommodations, academic adjustments,
and/or auxiliary aids with the professional source of his/her documentation with the
student's signed consent authorizing such discussion.
4. Select among equally effective and appropriate accommodations, adjustments,
and/or auxiliary aids in consultation with students with disabilities.
5. Deny a request for accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids if
the documentation does not identify a specific disability, the documentation fails to
verify the need for the requested services, or the documentation is not provided in a
6. Refuse to provide an accommodation, adjustment, and/or auxiliary aids that is
inappropriate or unreasonable including any that:
pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others;
constitute a substantial change or alteration to an essential element of a course or
pose undue financial or administrative burden on the College.
Continue to page 2