Lewis-Clark State College through its Disability Contact Person has
the responsibility to:
1. Assist students with disabilities that self-identify and meet College criteria
for eligibility to receive reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic
adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids determined on a case-by-case basis.
2. Ensure that College courses, programs, services, jobs, activities, and
facilities, when viewed in their entirety, are offered in the most integrated and
3. Provide information regarding policies and procedures to students with
disabilities and assure its availability in accessible formats upon request.
4. Evaluate students on their abilities, not their disabilities.
5. Provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or
auxiliary aids for students with disabilities upon a timely request by a student.
6. Maintain and assure appropriate confidentiality of records and communication
concerning students with disabilities except where disclosure is required by law or
authorized by the student.
Inform students with disabilities of College policies and procedures for filing a formal
grievance through the Office of Disability Services and/or through external agencies
(e.g., Office of Civil Rights).
Return to Disability Homepage