Author: Angela Wilson
This PDT teaches you how to create a rubric, apply it to an
assignment or discussion, and grade an assignment or discussion
using the rubric. You’ll also take a tour of My Grades from a
student view to see what students see when you grade with a
1. Create a rubric with points or a point range and descriptors
for each grading criteria
2. Apply a rubric to an assignment
3. Apply a rubric to a discussion forum or thread
4. Grade an assignment using the rubric
5. Grade a discussion using the rubric
1. Sign up
for 1 point
View the tutorial video- 14min 53 sec. (You will need iTunes
software to view the tutorial)
3. Take the quiz and e-mail it to
Answer the following questions as you watch the video and
practice the activities.
a. From where do you access the “Rubrics” tool to create a
b. How do you add a new grading criterion to the rubric?
c. How do you apply a rubric to an assignment?
d. When grading an assignment with a rubric, can you provide
students with feedback on each criterion in the rubric?
e. When using a point range for each level of achievement, how
do you select the score you’d like to assign?
f. Will a rubric’s max value override the assignment or
discussion’s original point value?