hears student appeals relating to academics and financial aid
- Petitions and all supporting documents (medical, communication with instructors/staff, etc.) are accepted until 5:00 pm the day prior to the meeting in the Professional-Technical Programs Dean's Office in MTB 101-I.
- Petition Committee Meetings are held the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at 4:15 pm in the Mechanical-Technical Building Room 101-H. Petitioners are invited to attend the meeting in which his/her petition is discussed. Contact the PT Dean's Office to confirm the meeting time and date in which you plan to attend.
- It is the responsibility of the petitioner to provide proof and explain why the LCSC policy should be waived on their behalf for the situation he/she is petitioning.
- The Petition Committee is chaired by the Dean for Professional-Technical Programs. Voting members are comprised of the dean (in the event of a tie), one division chair and four faculty members. The Registrar and Director of Financial Aid serve as informational resources and are non-voting members.
- The Chair for the Petition Committee will correspond with students in writing following a decision by the committee.
- If students disagree with the decision made by the Petition Committee, they may contact the Office of the Provost to appeal.