Center for New Directions
The PTEC helps individuals in transition to become personally and economically self-sufficient. We provide brief personal counseling, educational counseling, and career counseling to help individuals recognize their abilities and interests, set goals, solve problems, and find a positive life direction.
- A person seeking full-time employment outside of the home.
- An unemployed or underemployed person who is responsible for a dependent in the home.
- A person who must seek training or paid employement outside of the home due to separation, divorce, widowhood, or disability of spouse.
- A person who is no longer employed due to a handicapping condition, job termination, or is going to lose their job due to downsizing, etc.
- A person entering a nontraditional training program or occupation.