CNA Testing Procedures
Schedule and payment procedure
When can i take the cna written test?
- Upon passing CNA skills exam
- PTEC staff will verify with Workforce Training documentation that you have passed the Skills Test prior to scheduling a CNA Written Test
- You have 12 months after completing the Nurse Aide Training to get your CNA Certification
- You get 3 tries within the 12 months to pass the CNA Written Test
How much does the CNA written test cost and where do I pay?
- Pay $21.00 at the Cashier's Window in the hallway of the Administration Building before arriving to take your test
- LCSC now charges a non-refundable service fee of 2.5% for credit/debit card transactions
- You will need a credit/debit card to pay Prometric on-line at your testing site. Pre-paid debit or gift cards are not accepted forms of payment.
What do I need to bring for the CNA Written Test?
- Receipt of $21 payment
- Picture ID
- Bring your Social Security Number
- Credit/debit card
HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR THE CNA WRITTEN TEST?
- Test your knowledge before the exam day
- Go to Prometric to take the National Interactive Nurse Aide Practice Exam
When do I get my CNA Written Test scores?
- You receive a copy of your results immediately after completing the test.
- Your resluts will be electronically delivered to Prometric within two business days and your name will be added to Idaho's Nurse Aide Registry the next business day.
- Your registry certificate will be mailed to your address after your name is added to the registry.
- If you have not received your certificate 3 weeks after your testing date:
- Call Prometric Customer Service at (888) 843-2341