Using Requisitions for Purchase Orders
Before starting a requisition check —
Prepare a requisition —
- Fill out the entire requisition form in detail.
- Fill out all parts of the form and include part numbers, shipping/handling charges, quote/contract numbers, and quantities.
- Attach any necessary paperwork (quotes, approval e-mails, etc.).
Decide who will be placing the order —
Make sure the requisition is complete, and send it through for the proper signatures and processing immediately. Include all quotes, any approval e-mails, and any contact information necessary to place the order.
Orders will not be placed without proper signatures on the requisition.
- Require a Confirming Purchase Order (PC) — Contact Purchasing before placing the order.
- Mark the “Confirming: Do not Duplicate” box in the upper right corner of the requisition.
Make sure the requisition is complete, and send it through for the proper signatures and processing immediately. Do not wait for an invoice or for your order to arrive. When departments receive an invoice, it must be forwarded to Accounts Payable.
Once the requisition has been approved by the Controller’s Office, a purchase order (PO) will be processed by the Purchasing Department.
- Purchasing will then place any necessary orders.
- Orders with confirming purchase order (PC) numbers will not be placed by Purchasing.
- Orders can be e-mailed, faxed, or mailed to vendors.
Questions? Please contact Purchasing at (208) 792-2288.