Cards for PO Use
to borrow and use with a PO
Purchasing has cards available for use with a purchase order (these are not P-Cards).
Purpose of Using the Cards —
- Departments/Staff/Students can make a purchase without bringing a hard copy of the PO to the store.
- Departments can make a tax-exempt purchase without bringing a copy of LCSC’s Tax Exempt form to the store.
- In some cases, the college gets rebates or coupons for using the card.
Cards Available —
- Requires a check from LCSC to use the LCSC card so departments must submit a requisition in ample time for the check to be printed.
- Change must be returned to the college.
- Home Depot & Staples
- Most of the supplies available at Home Depot and Staples are part of mandatory contracts with other vendors so use of this card/vendor requires the Director of Purchasing’s permission.
- Contact Purchasing for a PO number
- Departments may estimate the cost of purchase if necessary.
- Pick up the card from Purchasing. (Prior notice is not necessary but is recommended in order to ensure that the card is not checked out.)
- Use the card.
- Provide the PO number to the cashier so it will be included on the receipt.
- Save the receipt.
- Return the card and receipt to Purchasing.
- Departments must turn in receipts as they return cards.
- The receipts will be in WEBNOW, but it may take a few days before they are available.
- If the department wants a copy, staff should make one before returning the card and receipts.
- Please remember that the entire campus uses these cards and they need to be returned in a timely manner so other departments can utilize them.
- The purpose of this policy is to prevent the loss of receipts and the accrual of fees associated with requesting reprints.
- Departments will pay any fees for receipts they do not turn in to Purchasing.
Questions?—Please contact Purchasing at 208.792.2288.