For safety and security purposes, guests in the residence halls must be escorted at all times by a resident of that building. A guest is defined as any visitor who does not live in the hall in which they are visiting.
- You must escort your guest into and out of the building.
- You must remain with your guest at all times while in rooms, public areas, TV lounges, laundry rooms, hallways or stairwells.
- Guests left unattended or unescorted may be asked to leave the building.
- You are responsible for the conduct of your guests.
- Never agree to escort a person you do not know personally. This includes opening the door to allow unknown visitors to enter your hall.
- Only people assigned to a room may reside in that room. Overnight guests are permitted only with the permission of the roommate(s).
- Residents are permitted ten (10) nights per semester to host overnight guests.
- Overnight guests may stay no more than two (2) consecutive nights.
- Students are to notify their Resident Assistant or Residence Director 24 hours prior to the guest’s arrival.
Other Things to Know About Guests:
- If you have a guest that is a continual nuissance, we can prohibit that guest from entering any of the residence halls.
- There is no babysitting in the residence halls.