First Year Experience
- Student Engagement Communication: FYE will convene a staff and student committee to identify student newsworthy activities and the best way to disseminate information to students. A freshmen student activities survey will help the FYE office to “target” market activities to self-identified populations. This will help with Complete College Idaho and other retention initiatives.
- Freshmen Student Involvement and Engagement Survey: A survey designed to gather student specific information regarding their interests, communication preferences, and feelings about college (concern/excitement).
- Student Planning: A web-based program designed to help students create an academic plan, correspond with advisors and register for courses. This tool will allow for clear academic direction for students as well as more focused time for advisors to discus professional and life goals. Objective 3A
- First Year Seminar Pilot Course - SD 192: FYE will support the development and deployment of a First Year Seminar course that will help students better identify and navigate LCSC resources which lead to student success, retention and degree completion.
- Increase international student enrollment Objective 3A, 3B, 3C
- Targeted recruitment including use of market appropriate strategies and recruitment tools
Development of academic and internship opportunities which meet market needs and interest
- Internships in Student Activities (specific to major) Objective 3A