Information below is for Spring 2019; we plan to offer the program again in Spring 2020. Updated information for Fresh Check Day 2020 will be provided as soon as available.
DATE: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2019 | TIME: 10 am - 2 pm | LOCATION: SUB Solarium
Join us for the first Fresh Check Day at LCSC! Fresh Check Day is a fun event with interactive booths, free food, and awesome prizes!
If you are interested in volunteering for this event, please contact Doug Steele at email@example.com
If you or someone you know is thinking about suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or call or text the Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-208-398-HELP (4357).
Below is a sample of the annual "Taking Action, Saving Lives" Conference we present each year. Although the 2019 conference has been completed, we invite you to look at the information to get an idea of the type of program provided.
Information for the 2020 conference will be posted in early 2020.
Sally Spencer-Thomas is a clinical psychologist, inspirational international speaker and an impact entrepreneur. Dr. Spencer-Thomas was moved to work in suicide prevention after her younger brother, a Denver entrepreneur,
died of suicide after a difficult battle with bipolar condition. Known nationally and internationally as an innovator in social change, Spencer-Thomas has helped start up multiple large-scale, gap filling efforts in mental health,
including the award-winning campaign and the nation’s first initiative for suicide prevention in the workplace.
Full of thought provoking lecture, engaging case studies, and guided instruction on a host of tools and resources, this presentation will help you:
▪ Identify and explore clinicians fears
▪ Compassionately elicit expressions of suicidal thought
▪ Formulate a game-plan for crisis when suicide is imminent
▪ Intervene in suicidal despair with proactive approaches derived from the evidence-based practices
▪ Develop a plan to reduce access to lethal means
▪ Effectively use targeted language with suicidal clients that will help you avoid stigma and successfully build collaborative plans for wellbeing
▪ Provide innovative grief support resources that connect clients and clinicians with other survivors of suicide and suicide loss
▪ Feel confident and capable to work with suicidal clients and guide them outof the darkness and back into the light!
Please contact Fayth Dickenson, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Prescription Drug Take Back - Turn in your unused or expired prescription medications for safe disposal at Drug Take Back Day.
Wednesday, April 24th, 10am-2pm -- LCSC Library Parking Lot
Friday, April 26th, 3pm-7pm -- Art Under the Elms REACH Booth
Saturday, April 27th, 12pm-4pm -- Art Under the Elms REACH Booth