Services Provided at Student Health Services:
- Women’s Health Screenings for cervical and breast cancer, contraception (birth control), skin cancer, menopause (HRT), blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, sexually transmitted infections screening, overweight and obesity, smoking cessation, depression and anxiety management, and immunizations.
- Men’s Health Screenings for physical concerns, skin cancer, blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, STI’s, overweight and obesity, smoking cessation, depression and anxiety, and immunizations.
- Sexual Health Screenings for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HPV and HIV; other testing based on patient risk factors, call for consult.
- Mental & Behavioral Health screening and treatment for anxiety, depression and bipolar disorders. Treatment may be combined with Student Counseling Center for best outcomes. Some patients may need referral to outside specialists for further evaluation and treatment.
- Sports Physicals exam including vision, hearing, weight and release for activity of choice per provider. May require laboratory services that are not included in the physical exam fee.
- Medication Management includes management of medications for patient specific diagnosis.
- Certified Laboratory Services include on-site phlebotomy (blood draws) and rapid testing for Strep A, Influenza, Pregnancy, and Blood Glucose/Accucheck.
- Vaccine and Immunizations available including Tuberculin Skin Testing (one and two step series), Hepatitis B, Hepatitis B Titer, Varicella Titer, TDap (tetanus, diphtheria, & acellular pertussis), MMR (measles, mumps & rubella), MMR Titers and Influenza.
- Health & Wellness Education for students, RA’s, staff and faculty on various preventive health topics like nutrition, exercise, weight management, blood pressure, sexual health and prevention of communicable diseases. Yearly free health screening fair in spring semester for the campus.
- Medical Referrals as needed for patient specific needs such as cardiology, nephrology, urology, OBGYN services, psychology, and internal medicine.
SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE:
- Treatment for chronic pain management
- Workman’s compensation claims
- Obstetrics (pregnancy management)
- Allergy testing/injections
LACTATION SPACE AVAILABLE, CALL (208) 792-2251