Sustainability

Alternative Spring Break Service-Learning Class

Work Scholars LC Learning Garden Coordinator

The Green Team

Volunteer in the LC Learning Garden

The Sustainability Action Team

Environmental Studies Minor and Classes

Events

Work Scholars LC Learning Garden Coordinator

Apply here when the LCSC Work Scholars program is accepting applications. LCSC Work Scholars provides the opportunity for students to acquire professional skills and gain experience while offsetting the need to rely on student loans, reducing tuition costs, and offering a pathway to employment after graduation.

Work Scholars Logo

The Green Team

Become a member of this student club that promotes environmental sustainability on campus. To learn more, contact Lilly at ljragan@lcmail.lcsc.edu.

Sustainability Action Team Logo

Volunteer in the LC Learning Garden

Get volunteer hours while enjoying the outdoors and knowing that 80% of the food produced is donated to the local food bank. Another bonus is volunteers and supporters have access to the remaining 20%, the fruit, and herbs. Like The Green Team FB page and get updates and/or email jegara@lcsc.edu.

LC Learning Garden Logo Horizontal

Minor and Classes

Environmental Studies Minor

Environmental Studies is an interdisciplinary minor that introduces students to basic environmental science and enhances their understanding of the social, political, economic, cultural, and philosophical dimensions of the human-environment relationship.

Introductory courses in the minor provide a foundation in environmental science and basic geography. Upper-division courses variously examine the interrelationship of humans and natural and built environments, the socio-historical roots of current environmental problems, the competing values and ethical dilemmas involved in environmental issues, the role of science in environmental issues and policy, and representations of nature in art and literature.

Classes

Classes in Minor

  • GEO 102: Introduction to Geology
  • CHEM 102: Chemistry of Daily Life
  • CHEM 105: General, Organic, and Biochemistry
  • CHEM 111: Principles of Chemistry l
  • GEOL 100: Environmental Earth Science
  • GEOL 120: Intro. to Earth Systems
  • BIO 120: Plants and People
  • BIO 181: Ecology, Evolution, Diversity of Life
  • ANTH 280: Culture and Environment
  • ENGL 475: Western American Literature
  • ID 300D: Ethics and Ecology
  • ID 300S: Northwest Culture, History & Literature
  • ID 300N: Wilderness
  • ID 301A: Hell's Canyon Institute
  • PSYC 419: Environmental Psychology
  • SOC 355: Rural Sociology
  • SOC 366: Environmental Sociology

The Sustainability Action Team

An organization on Blackboard) for faculty, staff, and students to communicate and share information on sustainability. Email us, if you want to get involved.

Sustainability Action Team Logo (1)

Events

NWEI Eco Challenge 2015 Logo

Lewis Clark Recyclers Earth Day Celebration 2015

Garden Work Days: Like The Green Team FB page and get garden work day updates

LC Learning Garden 7-17-15 (5)