Poetry, Fiction and Creative Non-fiction
Writers interested in submitting work to the journal should follow these guidelines:
- We will accept submissions in fiction and creative non-fiction. Writers should submit no more than one prose piece at a time. There are no particular content restrictions; length of submissions should be no more than 4,000 words.
- We will accept poetry manuscripts without regard to content or length restrictions. Poets should submit no more than five poems at a time.
- We will accept reviews of contemporary works. Books reviews will be solicited from outside sources. Book reviews should run 500 - 1,000 words. Omnibus reviews, if we can find a particularly capable writer, will be up to 1,000 words.
- Submission period will run from August 1 - April 1
- Manuscripts should include a cover letter with the author's name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Please include a short biography for use in the case of your acceptance. To reduce costs, we will be corresponding via e-mail.
- Multiple submissions accepted. In such cases, we should be provided identification of such work; further, if such work is accepted elsewhere, writers should notify us immediately so their work may be withdrawn. You may notify us here.
- All submissions should include an SASE. Work without SASE will not be returned.
- Work should be submitted to the following address:
Lewis-Clark State College
500 8th Avenue
Lewiston, ID 83501