for high school instructors
Dear Tech Prep Liaison/Program Instructors:
The registration deadline for the Spring 2015 Semester is Friday, February 13, 2015. Students need to have their Pre-College Admission & Registration Forms turned into their Tech Prep Instructor/Counselor before the deadline.
STEPS TO REGISTER STUDENTS
- Provide a 5-10 minute presentation to high school classes that offer Tech Prep credit.
- Students registered for a Tech Prep class will begin building a college transcript at Lewis-Clark State College (LCSC). The credits earned under the Tech Prep program are technical college credits, not academic credits. These credits will be most valuable to students with career goals in technical areas. However, most colleges, including LCSC will accept these credits as elective credits which can accompany any future degree. If a student wishes to transfer credits to another institution, it is the student's responsibility to ensure that the receiving institution will accept technical credits as either a program requirement or as an elective credit.
- There is no cost to participate in Tech Prep. To register, students must submit a Pre-College Admission & Registration Form to the Tech Prep office at LCSC. The student must be at least 16 years of age by the 10th day of LCSC's term OR have successfully completed one-half of his/her high school graduation requirements OR have obtained high school faculty signature if not yet 16 years of age by the 10th day of LCSC's term.
- Tech Prep policy requires a passing grade of "B" or better before credit is awarded. Students failing to meet the grade requirement will have the course removed from their transcript upon receiving the high school instructor's Tech Prep Withdrawal Form. You may contact the Tech Prep office by phone (208)792-2418 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- During the presentation, inform students of Tech Prep benefits and registration requirements and assist in filling out the Pre-College Admission & Registration Form.
- Read the following to the students:
- Benefit - College Savings
- The cost per credit at LCSC is currently $302; however, Tech Prep credit is FREE.
- Registration Requirements
- Students must be at least 16 years of age OR have successfully completed one-half of his/her school graduation requirements OR have obtained high school faculty signature if not 16 years of age by LCSC's primary registration deadline.
- Pre-college admission and registration forms
- This form must be filled out entirely for each semester a student takes a Tech Prep course.
- Special emphasis should be placed on student signature, parent signature, social security number and student birth date.
- Instructor/Counselor can find course number information for courses offered at their schools by visiting our Schools page and clicking on their individual school link.
- Announce registration deadline.
- Follow-up with students the last week of registration.
- Gather and sign all Tech Prep forms from students and fax them to the Tech Prep office at (208) 792-2568, if there are fewer than 15 forms. Please call (208) 792-2418 or e-mail the Tech Prep Coordinator to verify receipt of fax. If you have more than 15 forms, call the Tech Prep Coordinator to schedule a pick-up. Do not mail forms.