When can I take the CNA written test?
- Upon passing CNA skills exam.
- Testing Center staff will verify with documentation from Workforce Training that you have passed the Skills Test prior to scheduling a CNA Written Test.
- You have 12 months after completing the CNA Training to get your CNA Certification.
- You have 3 attempts within that 12 months to pass the CNA Written Test.
- CNA Testing is offered Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 2:30pm during the school year.
- CNA Testing is offered Monday through Thursday between 8:00am and 2:30pm during the summer.
Appointments are required.
How much does the CNA written test cost and where do I pay?
- The total cost of the CNA written test is $50.
- $21.00 Pre-pay online with a credit/debit card or at the Cashier's Window with cash or check in the hallway of the Administration Building before arriving to take your test.
- LCSC now charges a 2.5% non-refundable service fee for credit/debit card transactions.
- $29.00 Pay at the time of the test on the computer.
- If a tester needs the oral version the cost on the computer will be $39, making the total paid $60.
- You will need a credit/debit card to pay Prometric on-line at your testing site. Pre-paid debit or gift cards are not accepted forms of payment. Prometric only accepts Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
What do I need to bring for the CNA written test?
- Receipt for the $21 pre-payment
- Valid government issued picture ID
- Credit/Debit card for the $29 fee on the computer - Visa, Mastercard or American Express only.
How can I prepare for the CNA written test?
- Test your knowledge before the exam day
- Go to Prometric to take the National Interactive Nurse Aide Practice Exam
When do I get my CNA written test scores?
- You receive a copy of your results immediately after completing the test.
- Your results will be electronically delivered to Prometric within two business days and your name will be added to Idaho's Nurse Aide Registry the next business day.
- Your registry certificate will be mailed to your address after your name is added to the registry.
- If you have not received your certificate 3 weeks after your testing date:
- Call Prometric Customer Service at (888) 843-2341
For more information about the Idaho CNA Written Exam review the Candidate Information Bulletin for the State of Idaho.
Lewis-Clark State College
Library Room 161
Phone: 208-792-2100 or 1-800-879-0453