TEAS & HOBET
Nursing and Health Science Entrance Exams
HOW LONG ARE THE TEAS & HOBET TESTS?
- Testing time is approximately 3.5 hours overall
- There is a set time for each section. The computer will advance to the next section if you exceed the time limit
When are the TEAS and HOBET tests offered?
- Testing is offered Monday through Friday at either 8am or 12pm.
HOW MUCH DO THE TEAS & HOBET COST?
- TEAS is a $60 fee per person, per test
- HOBET is a $40 fee per person, per test
WHEN AND WHERE DO I PAY FOR THE TEAS & HOBET?
- Pay for the TEAS before testing
- At the Cashier's window in the Administration Building
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING FOR THE TESTS?
- Picture ID and/or Student ID
CAN I USE A CALCULATOR ON THE TEAS & HOBET?
- Calculators are NOT allowed
HOW DO I STUDY FOR THESE TESTS?
- A TEAS and HOBET study guide is available at the LCSC Library or at the LCSC bookstore, Amazon.com or from Assessment Technologies Institute.
- The TEAS is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, science, and English language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators have deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities or nursing program applicants.
- Within each subtest you are allowed to skip questions and return to them later by using the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page (if time allows).
- The TEAS contains 4 subtests. All subtests contain multiple-choice items with one correct answer.
- Reading - covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
- Math - covers knowledge of whole numbers, metric conversions, fractions and decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion.
- Science - covers science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, basic physical principles, and general science.
- English - covers knowledge of punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
Lewis-Clark State College
Library Room 161
Phone: 208-792-2100 or 1-800-879-0453