Veterans Services

Transfer/Returning Students

Steps for VA education beneficiaries transferring to LCSC:

  1. Apply as a degree-seeking student with the Office of Admission.
  2. Transfer your benefits using the "Ready to Apply?" section at Vets.Gov:
    GI Bill Application Initiate or Update Education Benefits
  3. Submit a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the LCSC Coordinator of Veterans' Services.
  4. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  5. Submit your military service transcripts to LCSC:
    Joint Services Transcript Request Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Marines ONLY (Air Force see link below) Air Force Service Transcript Request Complete and submit to the address indicated
  6. Once you have been admitted be sure to contact Career and Advising Services to register for classes.
  7. Once you have registered for classes notify the LCSC Coordinator of Veterans' Services.
    LCSC Enrollment Certification Submit Every Semester You Intend to Use Benefits
  8. Read the LCSC Enrollment Policy for Students Receiving VA Education Benefits.
  9. Monitor LCMail for important notifications.