Sport Administration in Coeur d'Alene
The Sport Administration major prepares students to integrate principles relating to business, kinesiology, and health to the administration and management of athletic programs and organizations, fitness and health clubs, sport recreation services, and related activities. The program focuses on planning and development; promotion, marketing, and recruitment; management of events, facilities, and personnel; and financial management principles. Students who graduate with a degree in Sport Administration will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a sport manager at different performance and participation levels.
- Understand how business management principles apply to sport business and industry.
- Understand how the culture of sport influences sport business and industry.
- Understand career paths and opportunities in sport-related fields.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and conduct a research project, analyze and interpret data, and present findings both orally and in writing.
This major is offered jointly with the Business and Movement and Sport Sciences Divisions. Students have two advisors one from each division. In addition to being offered on campus, the program is also offered fully online. Students can also take online courses and on-campus courses at LCSC-Coeur d'Alene. Apply now or contact us at 208-792-2600 or [email protected] to learn more.
Are you transferring from North Idaho College?
Download the LC Express Transfer Guide for Sport Administration.
*LC Express Transfer Guides are subject to change and do not constitute an agreement between LCSC and the student.