Sport Media Studies
The Sport Media Studies major combines coursework from multiple academic disciplines to prepare students to work in the dynamic, exciting fields of sport journalism, sport broadcasting, digital sports production, and sport media relations. Students will enjoy internships in high school athletics, within college/university athletic departments, newspapers, news outlets, and sport businesses. Students who graduate with a degree in Sport Media Studies will be able to:
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills through original research
- Understand the connections between sport and the media
- Utilize marketable skills through an internship in a sport- or media-related field
- Understand career paths and opportunities in sport- or media-related fields
- Demonstrate the ability to design and conduct a research project, analyze and interpret data, and present findings both orally and in writing
This major is a degree shared between Humanities and Movement and Sport Sciences Divisions. Sport Media Studies students have two advisors--one from each division. In addition to being offered on campus, the program is also offered at LCSC-Coeur d'Alene via online and on-campus coursework. Apply to LCSC or contact us at 208-792-2600 or [email protected] to learn more.
For course information please visit catalog.lcsc.edu
Are you transferring from North Idaho College?
Download the LC Express Program Guide for the Sport Media Studies degree.
Dr. Susan C. Steele, Interim Char/Assistant Professor Movement and Sport Sciences Division | [email protected] | 208-792-2798
Ben Morton, PhD., Assistant Professor of Communication | [email protected]