Rights and Responsibilities
of LCSC Disability Services, Students, and Faculty
Lewis-Clark State College has the responsibility to provide reasonable and appropriate access to all educational and co-curricular programs, services, activities, and facilities.
The Disability Services Office has the right and responsibility to:
- Maintain the integrity and rigor of the College's academic standards.
- Establish what constitutes qualifying documentation of a disability.
- Require students requesting accommodations to provide documentation of a disability.
- Determine appropriate accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Deny requests for academic accommodations that are not supported by the documentation provided to the Disability Services Office.
Students with disabilities have the right and responsibility to:
- Meet the College's academic, technical, and institutional standards.
- Have equal access to educational and co-curricular programs, services, activities, and facilities.
- Inform the Disability Services Office in a timely manner that you are an individual with a disability and that you are requesting accommodations.
- Follow specific procedures for obtaining reasonable and appropriate accommodations, academic adjustments, and/or auxiliary aids as outlined.
- Review the Alternate Test Services responsibilites page if you have a testing accommodation.
Faculty have the right and responsibility to:
- Hold the same academic standards for students with disabilities as held for students without disabilities.
- Provide accommodations determined by Disability Services.
- Understand how a student with a disability receives/processes information and/or demonstrates mastery of a subject might vary due to reasonable accommodations.
- Consult with the Disability Services staff if questions arise regarding accommodations.
- Maintain confidentiality of students' accommodations and disability related information.
- Review the Alternate Test Services responsibilities page if you have a student with testing accommodations.
- Review the webpage for Faculty/Staff for more information regarding requirements for faculty and staff regarding accommodations.