Canvas Coaching and Tutorials
e-Learning offers short workshops each semester on a variety of Canvas tools and features. These workshops are hosted over the lunch hour, so bring your appetite for food and learning! All workshops are held through Zoom. Past session recordings are available below.
April Minis (Spring 2021)
The April workshop will be on content sharing through the Canvas Commons space. *This workshop will be one hour.* You must sign up to receive the Zoom link for this session.
- "Common” Knowledge Workshop (registration)
- April 12 @ noon
- April 13 @ noon
e-Learning Services provides a variety of resources for you to learn to use Canvas at your own pace. If you click on a link and are unable to access the resource, please email [email protected].
- Growing with Canvas - This self-paced course guides you through how to use all of the tools to create content, interact with students, and assess student work in Canvas.
- Access for All- This course provides resources for creating accessible content in Canvas. From creating screen-reader compatible syllabi and slide presentations, to selecting accessible colors, to captioning instructor-made video content, this course has it all!
- Respondus Training- Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor are two tools available to all faculty who want to improve the security of online exams. Review this course for Testing Center proctoring policies and information on how to enable these tools for your exams in Canvas.
Canvas Coaching By Appointment
If you’re new to Canvas and would like an overview of the basics, you can schedule an appointment with one of the Instructional Designers in e-Learning. Divisions can also schedule coaching sessions for groups of five or more.
Additional Tutorials & Resources
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I copy content from one Canvas class to another? (video)
- How do I organize my Canvas Dashboard and publish my courses? (video)
- What does the LC State template include? (video)
- How do I get the LC State course template into my blank course? (video)