Financial Aid

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

How do I apply for Grants and/or Loans?

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at every year.
    • Completing the FAFSA is free! If you are being charged to file your FAFSA, you are on the wrong website.
    • If you transfer schools, your aid does not automatically transfer with you. You will need to add Lewis-Clark State College (LCSC) to your FAFSA.
    • LCSC's Federal School Code is 001621.
  • The FAFSA will determine your dependency status.
    • If the FAFSA determines you are a dependent student, you will need to provide parental information including their finances. Your FAFSA will be rejected if you do not provide the required parental information.
      • You are considered a dependent student if you are under the age of 24, unmarried, and do not have any dependents.
      • If you feel that you have special circumstances, you will need to file a Professional Judgment.  Please see My circumstances/finances have changed since I completed my FAFSA...what do I do?
      • If your parents are divorced or separated,
        • You should report information for the parent that you lived with more during the past 12 months. If this parent is remarried, you must include the step-parent on the FAFSA.
        • If you didn't live with either parent more in the past 12 months, use the income from the parent you last lived with and step-parent if applicable.
    • If the FAFSA determines you are and independent student, you will provide your financial information and your spouse's if you are married.

How do I sign my FAFSA?

  • You will need to create an FSA ID online at The FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online systems and can be used as your legal signature on the FAFSA and Loan Agreement (MPN).
  • Students determined to be dependent on the FAFSA will also need a parent to request an FSA ID to sign their portion of the FAFSA.

What happens once I submit my FAFSA?

  • Once your FAFSA is signed and submitted, it will be sent to LCSC and your state higher education agency within 2-3 business days.
    • LCSC will use your information to calculate how much federal student aid you may receive.
    • LCSC will use your information to demonstrate financial need for scholarships you apply for.
  • You can check the status of your FAFSA immediately after submitting it online.
  • The Office of Federal Student Aid will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) which is a summary of the data you submitted.
    • It may take up to three weeks to receive your SAR by mail.
    • If you provided an email, you should receive your SAR in 24 to 48 hours.
    • You should review your SAR for errors.
  • LCSC will send you an email when your Award Letter is available on Warriorweb.
    • If you do not receive your Award Letter notification within 2 weeks of submitting your FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office at (208) 792-2224.
    • You may need to submit additional documentation or make corrections based on the information submitted on the FAFSA. An Award Letter will not be available until all additional documentation is received and reviewed.

Financial Aid Freddie is a drawing of a frog mascot image (2)