🚀 We're excited to announce a new website is on the way! Take an early look and feel free to offer feedback.

Financial Aid

Private/Alternative Educational Loans

Before considering private funding, you should apply for federal loans. If you choose to seek private funding, you might want to look into borrowing from a bank, credit union or other lending institution. These loans are similar to government sponsored loans, but will often require credit checks and/or a creditworthy co-signor.

You will need to contact the lending institution directly in order to obtain any additional information and to apply for a Private Education Loan. Once you have completed an application with your selected lender, a loan certification will be sent to the Lewis-Clark State College Financial Aid Office.  A Self-Certification Form will be provided to the student upon request from the LCSC Financial Aid Office.

Loan amounts requested as part of a private educational loan will be split into two disbursments.

LCSC Student Loan Code of Conduct for Alternative Loans