As we continue to navigate COVID-19 together, please know that your LC State HR Office is actively monitoring and assessing the situation and potential impacts on our LC community. We urge you to track the latest developments on the LC State Novel Coronavirus web page. First and foremost, the health and well-being of the LC community remains our highest priority, and we will continue to act thoughtfully as we respond to COVID-19.
We know that decisions during this critical time will affect the lives of our faculty, staff and students. We understand that the steps being taken to protect the health of our community may involve significant inconvenience and personal sacrifice. We are confident that everyone in the LC community will pull together with kindness, care and concern.
The primary method for communication with faculty and staff about this ongoing situation will be through email. Please continue to check your LCSC email, monitor the LCSC Novel Coronavirus Updates web page, and contact the HR Office if you have HR-related questions. For additional questions, please email [email protected].
LEAVE OPTIONS RELATED TO COVID-19
Use of Accrued Leave Related to COVID-19
In addition to the reasons in the statewide sick and vacation policies, employees may use their accrued leave if they:
- Are subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- Have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
- Are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and are seeking a medical diagnosis;
- Are caring for an individual subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- Are caring for an individual that has been advised by a health care provider to selfquarantine because of COVID-19; or,
- Are caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or childcare provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19.
- are unable to work, telecommute or be reassigned.
If telecommuting or reassignment is not an available option, the employee may use any available accrued leave balances including sick, vacation, comp time (codes: SIC, VAC, CPT).
Note: According to DHR rule 15.04.01.240.03, employees are only eligible to use sick leave in cases of actual illness; however, the DHR Administrator, in accordance with 15.04.01.006, has temporarily waived this rule due to COVID-19. This waiver is subject to change at any time.
With appointing authority approval, an employee may donate accrued vacation or sick leave to an employee to be used as sick leave, in accordance with DHR’s Donated Leave Policy. To receive donated leave, employees must first exhaust all of their accrued leave balances. Please contact HRS if you are in need of donated leave.
Note: The DHR administrator has issued a rule waiver allowing employees to donate sick leave during this time. This waiver is subject to change at any time.
Advanced Sick Leave for COVID-19 (CVS):
Advanced Sick Leave (CVS) is an option available to both benefited and non-benefited state employees specifically due to COVID-19. Advanced Sick Leave provides an advance of up to 80 hours of sick leave to full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees based on their average pay period hours during the prior six months).
Employees may be required to repay Advanced Sick Leave using 1) future accrual of sick leave; and/or 2) a deduction from their paycheck equivalent to the amount of Advanced Sick Leave upon separation.
Employees are eligible to use Advanced Sick Leave (I-Time Code: CVS) related to COVID-19:
- To supplement paid leave provided by FFCRA or EPSLA up to 100% of their normal rate of pay, if the employee has exhausted all their accrued leave balances (except vacation) AND is unable to telecommute or be reassigned.
- Any of the reasons listed in the “Use of Accrued Leave Related to COVID-19” section of this policy;
- The employee has exhausted all their accrued leave balances (exception vacation) AND are unable to telecommute or be reassigned.
Employees must complete the Advanced Sick Leave Form prior to use which sets forth the terms of repayment.
FMLA AND ADA CONSIDERATIONS
Agencies and employees should consult with their HR and legal counsel to determine if the FMLA or ADA applies when addressing concerns related to COVID-19.
Employees with a qualifying health condition under the ADA should consult with their supervisor and HR representative to discuss accommodation options
ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEE RESOURCES
For employees experiencing heightened anxiety, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) has staff on hand to assist employees during this time. The EAP may be reached at 877-427-2327 or via the EAP website. Guidance Resources is Idaho’s online EAP platform that provides access to timely, expert information on thousands of topics, including the coronavirus. Use ID: SOIEAP and type coronavirus in the search bar.
Compliance with Federal Coverage Requirements
- COVID-19 testing covered at 100% for all plans.
- COVID-19 office visit, telemedicine, ER, doctors visit and urgent care visits are covered at 100%.
- COVID-19 related tele-visits, office visits by phone or video call, will be covered at 100%.
- These mandates apply to coverage for testing and diagnosis of COVID-19, not treatment.
Telehealth with MDLive
- All MDLive copays and coinsurance will be waived for enrolled members for the remainder of the plan year for any health condition.
Telehealth is an option to address non-emergent healthcare needs without physically visiting a doctor’s office. Go to the OGI homepage for instructions on how to download the MDLive app on your mobile device or computer to get started.
COVID-19 related tele-visits, office visits by phone or video call, will be a covered service for all plan types for the remainder of the plan year. Non-COVID-related visits are subject to copay and coinsurance.
LC State is committed to diversity and equity. LCSC will not tolerate discriminatory remarks or behavior toward any member of our community. Should you experience or witness discrimination or harassment based on race, color, or national or ethnic origin, please report concerns to the Office of Equity, Inclusion and Compliance.