We are here to help you succeed. Not sure where to start? Here's a guide for involving IT when you need a solution or assistance.
Process for Software/System Requests
- Are you proposing a new system?
- Do you have a problem or opportunity but no specific solution in mind?
- Not sure if your solution constitutes a "system?"
- Send your completed document to the IT Director
Involving IT in your Project
- To adhere to appropriate technology standards.
- To confirm the availability of IT resources.
- To avoid surprise costs or configuration needs.
- To avoid redundant systems and shadow databases.
- To facilitate an efficient IT assessment process and avoid delays in purchasing and implementation.
- Submit a Help Desk ticket when you first start planning to:
- Buy equipment
- Buy software
- Do something with a space: buy new space, reconfigure an existing space, carve a new space out of an existing one, relocate a person or a function to a different space
- Hold an event.
- Instead of contacting the Help Desk, you can request tech support when you make your reservation in 25Live
- Contact the IT Director when you:
- Begin work on a grant proposal that will include technology purchase or support
- Need a technology solution for a business problem
- Want to implement a new system
- Are unsure if your solution is a “system” or just a technology purchase
Get Microsoft Office
Staff and Faculty can download a copy of Microsoft Office from Office 365. Sign in with your LCSC email and password.
Learn More about our IT Systems
New LCSC employee? Read our introduction to computer systems.