Faculty Development Grants
Attention: Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, travel was canceled for a number of faculty who were awarded Faculty Development Grants during the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 cycles. Any unspent monies will be returned to the Faculty Development Grant pool for distribution during AY 2020-2021. Faculty who were awarded funds this academic year but were unable to use them are invited to reapply for grant funding next academic year, and should include a statement in their AY 2020-2021 application indicating travel was disrupted due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Faculty Development Grant Programs
The primary purpose of the Faculty Development Grant is to provide support to LCSC faculty for the development of expertise in instruction, one’s discipline, or to support scholarly/creative activity.
- All full-time, part-time and adjunct faculty members are eligible to apply.
- Teams of two or more may also apply for a single award and are encouraged to do so.
- An individual applicant may be a member of more than one team
- No faculty member shall receive more than one award per academic year
- No funding for division chairs
Funding is awarded for:
- faculty development activities
- course development and design
- purchase of qualified equipment or materials
- fees for access to facilities and services for the development of instructional and research materials
- fees and expenses for registration and travel to qualified faculty development activities
Funding is not awarded for:
- new computers
- degrees, certification or licensure
- food or beverages/per diem expenses
- Student travel and expenses
Proposals will be evaluated on the potential to positively impact the applicant(s) and on their contribution to the college, division, and the state.
Priority for awards:
- Support for presenting at a conference (high priority)
- Support for activity that may lead to a paper/poster for presentation or publication (high priority)
- Support for attending conference or professional development activity
Faculty Development Grants are awarded through a peer review process. Proposals will be reviewed by members of the Faculty Affairs Committee.
Grant monies are allocated each academic year in two cycles: spring and fall. The total amount available for each academic year varies, depending on availability of funds. No award shall exceed $1,000. Funds are generally distributed 60% for the spring cycle and 40% for fall cycle.
- Spring Cycle: October 1- grant application deadline. Activity to be completed by June 30.
- Fall Cycle: March 1- grant application deadline. Activity to be completed by December 31.
The committee strives to review all applications and allocate the available monies within 30 days following the deadline. There are often delays associated with the approval of travel and expenses at the division level. Please take this into consideration when submitting your application.
1. Download the Faculty Development Grant Application
2. Complete the application in Microsoft Word.
3. Save the document as a pdf document and send via LCSC email to the Provost’s Office at [email protected] using the following guidelines :
- Save as a pdf document.
- Name the document: Faculty_Dev_Grant_App_YourName_Cycle-Date [e.g., Faculty_Dev_Grant_App_JohnSmith_SP15.]
- Enter in the email Subject heading: Faculty Development Grant Application, Your Name
You should receive an acknowledgement email shortly after your application has been received. If you have not received an email acknowledgement within one week of the application deadline, please contact the Office of the Provost.
The Provost’s Office will send an award letter via email to the grant recipients within 30 days of the grant application deadline. The grant recipient must accept or reject the grant in writing within 7 days. The grant recipient should also send a copy of the response to their Division Chair.
All expenses will be incurred by the Division. Once the project is completed and the final report has been submitted to the Provost's Office, the Division will request the lump sum reimbursement from the Provost's Office.
Questions regarding the Faculty Development Grant awards and the completion of the above referenced forms for approval and payment of Faculty Development Grants should be directed to the Provost’s Office by calling 792-2213 or emailing [email protected]
Center for Teaching and Learning Support Following the completion of the project, awardees will be invited by the CTL to engage in a roundtable discussion or presentation about their recent activity.
Final Report Once the grant funded activity has been completed, the grant recipient will submit a one page report describing how the grant activities were completed and a budget of how monies were expended. The report is due to the Provost’s Office within 30 days of completion of the grant funded activity.
Please contact the Office of the Provost for additional information at [email protected] or (208) 792-2213.