Unauthorized P-Card Transactions
Consistent with all purchases by a State agency, the P-Card is not to be used for any purchase that would result in the inappropriate use of State funds. The following constitute examples of inappropriate purchases made with the P-Card:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any single transaction exceeding $1,999.00 (fixed asset level)
- Cash advances
- Food/meal purchases will be limited to executive management only (President, Vice Presidents, and Deans) unless an exception has been approved by the respective Vice President or President (for direct reporting units).
- Gas for personal vehicles
- Gift certificates/gift cards
- Independent Contractors
- Items for personal use
- Medical: Doctors, Dentists, Chiropractors, etc.
- Professional services
- Purchases that involve signing an agreement, license, contract, or lease
- Salaries and wages
Grant or contract language may specifically restrict the purchase of certain items. It is the responsibility of the P-Cardholder to ensure that all purchases are in compliance with restrictions placed by the grantor or contracting agency.
Mandatory P-Card Usage
To maximize the usage of the P-Card, all purchases from the following vendors require payment via the P-Card:
- Enterprise Rent A Car
- LCSC Bookstore
- Home Depot
- Office Depot