Who is eligible for Disability Services?
Per the Americans with Disabilities Act... anyone who has a disability, has a record of such disability or is regarded as so. A disability is defined as a physical or mental impairment that limits one or more major life activities.
How does a student get services?
To refer a student, contact Disability Services at 208-792-2677 or come to The Library, Room 161 (same location as the LCSC Testing Center.) Students should bring any appropriate documentation, if available, to the appointment.
Common Academic accommodations made by the college include:
- Extended time allowed for examinations
- Computer access for examinations
- Distraction-reduced testing locations
- Additional time for written assignments
- Classroom note takers
- Audio books or books in electronic format
- Sign language interpreters
- Housing and dietary accommodations
- In exceptional circumstances, a plan for a reduced course load