Grade Changes & Appeals

Grade Changes

Grade changes must be submitted by the instructor using the Grade Change Form on WarriorWeb. Grade changes will be accepted up to one year after the course term.

Once the new grade is changed by the Registrar's Office staff, the student can view his or her grade on WarriorWeb. The Registrar’s Office also sends notices to students via their LCMail account notifying them when grade changes have been processed. For additional information, see the Grade Appeal procedure outlined in the catalog.

Grade Appeals

If a student believes he or she has received an incorrect or unfair grade, that student should follow the steps outlined in the Grade Appeal/Grievances/Complaints Policy 5.310.

This policy does not apply to grades given for alleged academic dishonesty or for unsafe clinical practice. Academic dishonesty shall be treated as a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and shall be determined under the Code of Conduct rules. Unsafe clinical practice shall be handled by the procedures established by the relevant divisions. In the case that the instructor is no longer at the institution, the responsibility for representing the original instructor’s interests rests with the division chair or his/her designee.