TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) programs are designed to support students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Different services are offered by eight types of TRIO programs nationwide through the U.S. Department of Education. The Student Support Services program at Lewis-Clark State College is a program to help students. All TRIO programs serve first-generation, low-income and disabled students along the pipeline from middle school through graduate school. The SSS program at LCSC serves college students enrolled at the institution and who are accepted in this program.
All SSS services are funded by a grant owned by the institution. The program depends on continued funding. The LCSC SSS program has been successfully funded for more than 25 years. The program is 100% federally funded at $343,810 annually.
To learn more about TRIO or to pick up a TRIO application, visit our office, located in Room 215 of Reid Centenial Hall.
Our free services include:
- Assistance with study skills, research writing, text reading, time management, note-taking, test-taking strategies, and much more!
- Academic, career, and graduate school advising through regular meetings with our staff.
- Peer tutoring in a learning lab environment.
- Monitoring of academic progress.
- Computer availability and instruction.