Summer College at Lewis-Clark State College
Why should you enroll in Summer College?
LCSC offers a range of courses in the summer to help you make progress on your degree and career plans.
Here are the top 10 reasons you should enroll in summer:
- Most courses are available online so you will have the flexibility to work, travel, and study without missing class.
- You can complete required General Education Core courses.
- You can complete pre-requisite courses early and be ready for your major courses.
- You can enroll in courses that may be full during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- You can repeat a course you struggled with during the year and improve your understanding (and your gpa!).
- You can focus on just one or two courses at a time, which might improve your learning.
- If you take 6 credits in each of 3 Summer College sessions, you might reduce your time to degree completion by half a year.
- In some programs, you can complete Internship credits in the summer and be better prepared and more competitive for your career.
- Faculty who teach in the summer are eager to teach you.
- Summer PELL grants (Financial Aid) are now available for those who qualify, making the cost of Summer College even more affordable.