Steps for VA education beneficiaries transferring to LCSC:
- Apply as a degree-seeking student with the Office of Admission.
- Transfer your benefits using the "Ready to Apply?" section at Vets.Gov:
GI Bill® Application
Initiate or Update Education Benefits
- Submit a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the LCSC Coordinator of Veterans' Services. This can be done by using the Vets.gov sign in link on the main page to access your statement of benefits. Once logged in, click to print your statement of benefits. You can print, scan, and email it to us, mail the printout to us, or you can save it as a pdf or any other format that you can then attach to an email to get us the whole page.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov
- Submit your military service transcripts to LCSC:
Joint Services Transcript Request
Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Marines ONLY (Air Force see link below)
Air Force Service Transcript Request
Complete and submit to the address indicated
- Once you have been admitted be sure to contact Career and Advising Services to register for classes.
- Once you have registered for classes notify the LCSC Coordinator of Veterans' Services.
Semester Registration Notice
Send a notice indicating that your registration is complete and you intend to use VA education benefits for the upcoming semester...
- Read the LCSC Enrollment Policy for Students Receiving VA Education Benefits.
- Monitor LCMail for important notifications.