Interested in Hosting a Work Scholar?
The LC Work Scholar program was created around a "Working College" model which aims to provide an opportunity for students to gain on the job experience while earning a full tuition scholarship, plus a yearly stipend. Spots in the program are limited and awarded to highly motivated students who demonstrate academic success as well as financial need, helping to reduce or eliminate the need for student loans. Additionally, students may earn internship credit for their Work Scholars experience.
- Idaho businesses in all career fields
- For-profit and not-for-profit, non-profit businesses
- LCSC departments and divisions
- Receive 170 hours of high-quality work from motivated and engaged students, per semester
- Be a part of the workforce development pipeline
- Help students build a professional network
- Worksites apply to join the program
- Approved worksites interview students
- Students work a minimum of 10 hours per week during academic year (17 weeks/semester)
- Supervisors and Academic Advisors meet with Work Scholars at regular intervals to make sure students are on track to graduate and succeed in their chosen career field
We allow worksites to apply twice a year, during the Fall and Spring semesters. Worksite applications are now closed for Fall 2023.
- Potential worksites complete and submit a worksite application and job description by semester deadlines.
- Applications are reviewed by an independent panel
- Approved worksites may interview students
- When a worksite has selected a student, the worksite contributes a cash match to be paid toward the student Work Scholar's stipend
- Email us if you have questions [email protected]