This fast paced and intensive program is taught through a combination of online classes, hands-on training and practicum hours in a local pharmacy. Students will develop skills in pharmaceutical preparation, maintaining patient profiles/records, sterile product preparation, stock procedures, computer use to enter, store and recall patient information and much more. In addition to basic training as a pharmacy technician, this program includes national certifications in Sterile Products (IV), Compounding (nonsterile) and the PTCB exam. Must have basic computer skills and high-speed internet access. Pre-requisites required. Hours: Classroom/Lab 91, Online 369, Practicum 360.
High school diploma or GED
Basic Computer Test @ Workforce Training. Call 208-792-2388 to schedule. Score of 75% required.
A criminal background check and drug test will be required upon acceptance. A second drug test will be required prior to practicum. Violations may result in denied access to clinical sites and therefore inability to complete the program. For questions regarding specific violations, please contact Workforce Training.
Student Registration: $4000 (minimum of 4 students)
Included in registration:
· Registration for entire program
· Drug Screening (2): 1 upon entry & 1 pre-practicum
· CPNW Educational Modules
· Basic Computer Test (WFT)
· Background Check (initial)
· Name Badge
· PATT2 Test
· Sterile Products (IV) Certification - NPTA
· Extemporaneous Compounding Certification - NPTA
· PTCB Exam
· CPR Card
Not included in registration:
· Books (Approx. $350)
· Immunizations: Approx. $100/student (depends on history of immunizations/titers)
· Idaho Background Check (spring): $34.75/student (if choose to do practicum in Idaho)
· Tech in Training License – Idaho only (spring): $35/student (if choose to do practicum in Idaho)
· WA Pharmacy Assistant License – Washington only (spring): $25/student (if choose to do practicum in Washington)
· WA has option to request a fingerprint background check when applying for Tech in Training license. Students are also responsible for any fee associated with this.
LCSC Workforce Training
North Lewiston Training Center - 1920 3rd Avenue North - Lewiston, Idaho 83501
Phone: 208-792-2388 Toll Free: 800-879-0452 Fax: 208-792-2680