Student Health Insurance (SHIP)
Idaho State Board of Education policy requires all to have health insurance coverage. With requirements to be:
- enrolled full-time in 12 or more credit hours at LCSC
- full-fee paying students
- International students enrolled in 1 or more credits
LCSC includes the SHIP premiums in your semester bill, which must be paid by the tuition and fee payment deadline.
Enrollment is automatic, however, doesn’t apply to full-time students whose:
- fees are reduced (Idaho senior citizens, high school students, etc.)
- part-time students (students enrolled in 11 or fewer credits, including students who are enrolled part-time in two schools and receive full-time financial aid).
What if I don’t want or need the student health plan?
SHIP Waiver information:
- You may opt out of the college-sponsored plan if you are continuously covered under another health plan with comparable benefits for the entire semester.
- To waive coverage, log onto WarriorWeb and submit the required information on the SHIP waiver by 11:59 p.m. on the Waiver Deadline Date each semester.
- Students who are covered under a plan that does not meet all of the waiver criteria requirements will not be allowed to waive coverage under SHIP. For more information on how to waive, please see the SHIP Waiver.