Internships are a great way to gain valuable job experience and to earn credits towards your degree!
DOWNLOAD INTERNSHIP FORMS
Guidelines For Eligibility
You must be a Business Division major in good standing; you must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.5 core/major GPA.
Purpose Of Internships
- Identify career paths
- Learn by experience in the workplace environment
- Apply classroom learning to the real world
- Networking - make contacts in your chosen career field
- Enhance your resume
- You are responsible for contacting an agency and setting up your internship. Secure an internship contract form from the Business Division office or from the links above. Make sure the internship coordinator signs the release in the internship packet indicating that you are eligible and in good standing.
- Together with the internship agency, complete the outer cover of the Internship Contract and the Work Plan; the agency project supervisor must sign the back of the contract and should keep a copy.
- Bring the contract back to the Business Division to the internship coordinator and determine assignments, deadlines for assignments and evaluations, and number of credit hours. The internship coordinator must sign the contract. You should request a copy of this contract.
- The internship coordinator must sign your add slip. Take this slip to the Registrar.
- You are expected to report to your internship agency at the appointed times and to complete the work assigned in a professional manner.
- Turn in all progress reports, supervisor evaluations, and assignments on time. Your grade is determined by the internship coordinator, based on the requirements of your internship and the results of your evaluations and assignments.
How To Earn Credits
- 50 hours of supervised work, focused on onsite learning, equals 1 hour of academic credit.
- You may register for a minimum of 1 credit and a maximum of 12 credits in a single semester. A total of 24 internship credits may be applied toward graduation requirements.
- Up to 6 credit hours can count towards business electives; an additional 18 credit hours can be counted as general electives.
- Internships are graded Pass/Fail. “P” credit hours do NOT enter into your GPA; however, an “F” is calculated into both semester and cumulative GPA.
For More Information
Business & Accounting Internship Coordinator