Internships are a great way to gain valuable job experience and to earn credits towards your degree!
Enrollment in internships course must be complete by the 10 day of the semester.
Guidelines For Eligibility
You must be a Business Division major in good standing; you must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.5 core/major GPA.
Purpose Of Internships
- Identify career paths
- Learn by experience in the workplace environment
- Apply classroom learning to the real world
- Networking - make contacts in your chosen career field
- Enhance your resume
- Meet with the Internship Coordinator to determine if you are eligible and in good academic standing.
- Contact an agency/place of work and set up your internship.
- Secure an Internship Work Plan Agreement form from the Business Division office or from the link above.
- Complete and sign the Work Plan agreement, along with your agency/workplace supervisor.
- Submit the completed and signed Work Plan agreement to the Internship Coordinator for approval of credit hours. The Internship Coordinator will sign the agreement and give you a copy.
- Register for the appropriate course number. The Internship Coordinator will advise you on this.
- Report to the internship agency at the scheduled times and complete the work assigned in a professional manner.
- All assignments and activities (completed by student) and evaluations (completed by supervisor) must be submitted on time as identified in course syllabus.
- Grades are determined by the Internship Coordinator, based on the requirements of the internship and the results of assignments and evaluations.
How To Earn Credits
- 50 hours of supervised work, focused on onsite learning, equals 1 hour of academic credit.
- You may register for a minimum of 1 credit and a maximum of 6 credits in a single semester.
- Up to 6 credit hours can count towards business electives; additional credit hours can be counted as general electives. The maximum number of internship credits allowed is 12, with the exception of Managerial Accounting Emphasis graduates who are preparing to sit for the CPA exam may earn an additional 12 credits.”
- Internships are graded Pass/Fail. “P” credit hours do NOT enter into your GPA; however, an “F” is calculated into both semester and cumulative GPA.
- Enrollment in Internship course must be complete by the 10th day of the semester.
For More Information
Accounting Internship Coordinator
Karen Andrews, CPA, MAcc
Business Internship Coordinator
Jenny Scott, MA
The maximum number of internship credits allowed is 12, with the exception of Managerial Accounting Emphasis graduates who are preparing to sit for the CPA exam may earn an additional 12 credits.”