Internships are a great way to gain valuable job experience and to earn credits towards your degree!
Fall 2016 Forms
Student Internship Forms
Agency Internship Forms - Midterm
Agency Internship Forms - Final
Guidelines For Eligibility
You must be a Business Division major in good standing; you must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.5 core/major GPA.
Purpose Of Internships
- Identify career paths
- Learn by experience in the workplace environment
- Apply classroom learning to the real world
- Networking - make contacts in your chosen career field
- Enhance your resume
- Meet with the Internship Coordinator to determine if you are eligible and in good academic standing.
- Contact an agency/place of work and set up your internship.
- Secure an Internship Work Plan Agreement form from the Business Division office or from the link above.
- Complete and sign the Work Plan agreement, along with your agency/workplace supervisor.
- Submit the completed and signed Work Plan agreement to the Internship Coordinator for approval of credit hours. The Internship Coordinator will sign the agreement and give you a copy.
- Register for the appropriate course number. The Internship Coordinator will advise you on this.
- Report to the internship agency at the scheduled times and complete the work assigned in a professional manner.
- All assignments and activities (completed by student) and evaluations (completed by supervisor) must be submitted on time as identified in course syllabus.
- Grades are determined by the Internship Coordinator, based on the requirements of the internship and the results of assignments and evaluations.
How To Earn Credits
- 50 hours of supervised work, focused on onsite learning, equals 1 hour of academic credit.
- You may register for a minimum of 1 credit and a maximum of 12 credits in a single semester. A total of 24 internship credits may be applied toward graduation requirements.
- Up to 6 credit hours can count towards business electives; an additional 18 credit hours can be counted as general electives.
- Internships are graded Pass/Fail. “P” credit hours do NOT enter into your GPA; however, an “F” is calculated into both semester and cumulative GPA.
- Enrollment in Internship course must be complete by the 10th day of the semester.
For More Information
Accounting Internship Coordinator
Karen Andrews, CPA, MAcc
Business Internship Coordinator
Jenny Scott, MA