Internships are a great way to gain valuable job experience and to earn credits towards your degree!
Enrollment in internships must be completed by the 10th day of the semester.
Eligibility and Procedures
You must be a Business & Computer Science Division major in good standing; you must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.5 core/major GPA.
Purpose of Internships:
Identify career paths
Learn by experience in the workplace environment
Apply classroom learning to the real world
Networking - make contacts in your chosen career field
Enhance your resume
- Contact the Internship Instructor to determine if you are eligible and in good academic standing.
- Read the Internship Manual
- Contact an agency/place of work and inquire about setting up your internship.
- Access Handshake and request an Experience.
- Secure an Internship Work Plan Agreement form from the Business Division office or from the link above.
- Complete and sign the Work Plan agreement, along with your agency/workplace supervisor.
- Submit the completed and signed Work Plan agreement to the Internship Coordinator for approval of credit hours. The Internship Coordinator will sign the agreement and give you a copy.
- Register for the appropriate course number. The Internship Instructor will advise you on this.
- Report to the internship agency at the scheduled times and complete the work assigned in a professional manner.
- All assignments and activities (completed by student) and evaluations (completed by supervisor) must be submitted on time as identified in course syllabus.