The Lewis-Clark State College Center for Arts & History is located in the heart of historic downtown Lewiston, Idaho. The 12,000 square foot building was built in 1884 as the Vollmer Great Bargain Store and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The First National Bank of Lewiston occupied the facility until from 1904-1946, when it was sold to First Security Bank which continued operations until 1989. In March 1991 First Security Bank of Idaho donated the building to the Lewis-Clark State College Foundation for use as a center for arts and culture.
Since opening in October, 1991 the Center has welcomed more than 75,000 visitors from all fifty states and 38 foreign
countries. On March 5, 2009, the Center for Arts & History experienced a fire that closed the Main Street location for over a year.
Today, the Center is restored and back in business! The building also houses LCSC
Continuing Education & Community Events on the second floor of the Center.
The Mission of the LCSC Center for Arts & History is to educate and engage community in an appreciation of culture, history, and the arts.
The vision of The Center for Arts & History, a program of LCSC Community Programs, is to provide for all citizens of the region a common ground for the integration of all art. The Center offers the opportunity for increased understanding of and participation in the arts. We present our region’s history with respect and
clarity, maintaining goals of artistic excellence, and accessibility for all. Since 1991 we have worked within the scope of our mission and vision to promote community exposure to; involvement in; and understanding of; Performing, Literary, and Visual Arts and area History.
Continuing Education and Community Events (CECE) is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Lewiston on the second floor of the historic Center for Arts and History building at 415 Main Street. CECE offers a variety of personal enrichment opportunities and hosts several community events.Find out more!