About the Center
Mission & Vision
The Mission of LC State Center for Arts & History is to connect campus to community and the world through experiences in arts, culture, and the humanities.
The Vision for the Center is to provide arts and humanities inspired learning, encourage creativity, build community, promote a positive quality of life, reinvigorate public spaces, attract businesses and neighbors to our communities, and contribute to the local economy through tourism and job creation.
The Lewis-Clark State College Center for Arts & History is located in the heart of historic downtown Lewiston, Idaho at 415 Main Street. Built in 1884 as the Vollmer Great Bargain Store, this 12,000-square foot space is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The First National Bank of Lewiston occupied the facility from 1904-1946, when it was sold to First Security Bank, which continued operations until 1989. In March 1991, First Security Bank of Idaho donated the building to the Lewis-Clark State College Foundation for use as a center for arts and culture.
The LC State Center for Arts & History is an institutional member of both the American Alliance of Museums and the Association of Academic Museums and Galleries.