Testing Center Policies
- All testers are required to show valid picture ID before they will be admitted for their test. For some tests a student ID is acceptable, others require a government issued ID. Check with the Testing Center staff to ensure you bring the correct type of ID.
- Certain types of clothing and accessories are prohibited in the testing room, such as but not limited to: coats, purses, phones, backpacks and bags, Fitbits or other fitness items, hats, watches of any type, sunglasses, contents of all pockets. Testers will be asked to put all items in a locker prior to entering the testing room. If the tester is unable to adhere to these policies, he or she will be asked to reschedule to a time when they are able to comply with all Testing Center rules to ensure academic integrity.
- Testers are not allowed to have unauthorized objects in the testing area, as per the Testing Center, authorized proctors, and/or instructors. Instructors will be notified of any unauthorized objects taken into the testing room. This includes but is not limited to: cell phones, prohibited clothing items, electronic devices, books, and notes.
- No breaks will be allowed once testing has begun, except if allowed by the testing vendor or on a case-by-case basis.
- All notes and scratch paper, even notes for open book/open notes tests, will be required to be turned over to Testing Center personnel upon completion of an exam, before a tester leaves the Testing Center. All notes and scratch paper are shredded unless there is instructions to turn them in to the instructor on file.
- Testers may not access any other information except for their exam unless specifically identified and approved by the course instructor. The Testing Center staff must have confirmation of any exceptions directly from the instructor prior to the beginning of the exam. This includes but is not limited to: email, messages, grades, classroom discussions, chat, computer/internet history settings or any other websites or programs. Once testers are finished with an online exam they will immediately sign out of Blackboard or applicable Learning Management System. If testers wish to review their grades, they must do so on a computer outside of the testing area.
- Proctors have the right to inspect the computer and testing environment prior to and after completion of the exam. This includes but is not limited to: The testing computer, internet usage history, email messages, notes, cell phones and electronic devices. Instructors will be notified if any unauthorized behavior is observed during the exam and an Incident Report will be filed.
- LCSC students testing with an outside proctor must follow all rules listed on the Proctor Request - LCSC Students page.
- All exam fees, when applicable, must be paid prior to testing.
- All testing is monitored and recorded by video camera.
- Violation of any of the testing policies or provisions outlined here constitutes a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and, as such, may be subject to investigation and adjudication by the Vice President for Student Affairs. An Incident Report will also be filed with the students instructor.
Lewis-Clark State College
Library Room 161
Phone: 208-792-2100 or 1-800-879-0453