Take An Exam
LC State Local Students
We proctor exams for local students who:
- Are enrolled in online or hybrid classes requiring proctored exams.
- Need to makeup an exam for a face-to-face classes
- Have approved testing accommodations from Accessibility Services.
There is no fee to LC State students to use the Testing Center for LC class tests.
Summer Testing Hours: Beginning Monday 5/17/21- Appointments are required
- Monday: 7:30am - 5pm
- Tuesday 7:30am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 7:30am - 5pm
- Thursday: 7:30am - 5pm
- Friday: 7:30am - 12pm
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: CLOSED
Appointments are made at the LC State campus Testing Center by:
- Filling out the Appointment Request - At the LC State Campus Testing Center form
- Calling 208.792.2100
- Stopping in to see us in person, Library Building Room 161.
Appointments should be made at least one business day in advance.
All testers must show a valid, physical picture ID to check in for a test. This can be your:
- LC State student ID
- a drivers license
- state ID
- or other form of government issued ID.
Your student ID number or a photo of your ID on your phone will NOT be accepted for check in.
Items not allowed in the Testing Center must be put in a locker provided by staff, or left in your vehicle.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Winter coats - light jackets are ok, pockets must be emptied
- Hats of any type
- Watches of any type
- Cell phones
- FitBits or other types of fitness trackers
- Backpacks or bags
This list is subject to change.
LC State Distance Students
As an LC State distance student you might have proctored exams in your class. You have two options for proctoring. You can make an appointment with one of our Pre-approved Outreach Centers, or you can find a qualified proctor and submit the Proctor Request Form.
Pre-approved Outreach Centers
Family members, friends, bosses, co-workers, or personal acquaintances will never be approved as a proctor, even if they fulfill one of the qualifications. A qualified proctor must hold one of the following positions:
- College & Universities
- Testing Center
- Department Head
- Professional staff member of the adult or continuing education office
- Counseling Center
- Private or Public Schools
- Principal or Vice Principal
- City or County
- Certified Librarian - Ensure the person you are requesting to proctor your exam meets their state's requirements for Certification before submitting the Proctor Request Form.
- Civil Service Examiner
- Judge of a Court of Law
- County Extension Agent
- United States Armed Forces Educational Services Officer
- Clergy member
It is the students responsibility to find a proctor that meets one of the above qualifications.
One resource for finding a Testing Center across the United States is through the NCTA website. Please note, testing sites found on this website are not the only places you can go, this is just one resource to find college Testing Centers.
Rules for Proctor Request Form Submission - Read Carefully Before Submitting the Form.
- All proctored exams must be administered in an educational or professional setting.
- Please check with the proctor site you would like to test at to find out their rules for testing ahead of time.
- Just because your instructor says you can use your book or have notes during the test does not mean that your test site will allow it.
- LCSC students will adhere to the approved test sites rules.
- Students must use a computer provided by the proctor. Students' personal laptops cannot be used.
- Proctors may also be required to download a LockDown Browser. Instructions for this download are sent by the Testing Center to the proctor via email.
- If your chosen proctor cannot download the LockDown Browser, if it is required, you will have to find a different proctor.
- A Proctor Request Form must be submitted for each separate test you need to take, even if you are using the same proctor.
- Ex. If your class has 4 tests that need proctored, you will fill out the Proctor Request form 4 times, once for each test.
- Please submit this form a minimum of one week prior to opening exam date to ensure your request is processed in time for your test. Requests submitted less that one week prior to the opening date may not be processed in time for the student to test.
Do not delay, get your request in right away!
Proctor requests can be sent in as far ahead of the test as a student wants. Requests will be processed 3 business days prior to the appointment listed on the request. Once processed, an email will be sent to the student confirming the request has been processed.
Proctoring Services for non-LC State Students
The LC State Testing Center offers proctoring services to students of other schools that need proctored exams. We also provide proctoring for specific testing needs of community members as needed.
Certification and licensing exams are also offered through many vendors we contract with. These vendors include Pearson Vue, ETS, Scantron, ISO Quality Testing, Certiport, PSI, ISCET, IBOL, ServSafe, and Idaho CNA Written testing. More information on these vendors is found on the Certification and Licensure Exams page.
- Contact your school or company to request LC State Testing Center as your proctor.
- Have all testing information sent to [email protected]
- Call 208.792.2100 or fill out the Appointment Request – At LC State Campus Testing Center form to schedule an appointment
- Pay your testing fee prior to arriving for your testing appointment
- Pay online
- Pay in person to the cashier in the Administration Building
- Bring valid, physical picture ID for check in
- $10 per exam for schools within Idaho
- $15 per exam for schools outside Idaho
- $15 per exam for schools fully online
- $15 per exams for special request exams for outside companies that we don't already contract with
- $25 per exam for IBOL Water exams
Testing Fees can be paid online or in person to the cashier in the Administration Building. Testing fees for outside companies (except IBOL tests) must be paid in person to the cashier.
All debit/credit card payments have a non-refundable 2.5% service fee
If you do not have an LC State parking pass please contact the Testing Center a minimum of 1 business day before your appointment to arrange for a single day parking pass. You will need access to a printer.
Parking passes are not required after 5pm during the school year, on weekends, or during the summer.
A single day parking pass will be provided at no cost via email.
LC State Security will issue a ticket for anyone parked in campus parking lots without a parking pass during the school year.
There is some available parking on the street. Be aware some street parking is residential only. Street signs are posted in these areas. The City of Lewiston will issue a ticket if you park in a designated residential area.
LC State charges a non-refundable service fee for credit/debit card transactions.